There’s nothing like a refreshing dip in the pool on a hot summer day. With the winter months just around the corner, now is the perfect time to start planning how to build your dream pool. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing oasis or a place to host epic pool parties, this guide will help you plan the perfect pool for your needs.
Determine Your Budget
Before you start browsing pool designs and features, set a budget for your project. The cost of building a pool can vary widely depending on the size, location, and materials used. At Desert Pool, we can help you put together a budget and plan including associated costs with building your pool, permits, installation, landscaping, and ongoing maintenance.
Choose Your Pool Size
Determining the size of your pool depends on various factors such as available space, intended use, and budget. If you have a large backyard and envision hosting parties or family gatherings, a larger pool might be suitable. On the other hand, if space is limited or you prefer a more intimate setting, a smaller pool can still provide relaxation and enjoyment.
Consider Pool Features and Accessories
Once you’ve chosen the type of pool you want, it’s time to consider the features and accessories you’d like to include. Popular options include:
– Lighting: Choose energy-efficient LED lights to enhance the look of your pool and make it easier to swim at night.
– Water Features: Consider adding waterfalls, fountains, or slides to your pool to enhance its visual appeal.
– Heating: Consider a heating system to extend your swim season all year round.
– Automation: Use a remote control or app to turn on your pool lights, adjust water temperature, and control your pool filters and pumps.
– Safety Features: Protect your loved ones with safety features like pool covers, fencing, and alarm systems.
Plan Your Pool Area
Once you’ve chosen the type of pool and features you’d like to include, it’s time to think about the pool area itself. Consider the following:
– Landscaping: Choose plants and trees that can provide shade and enhance the look of your pool area.
– Decking: Choose from a variety of materials like concrete, stone, wood, or composite to create a functional and stylish pool deck.
– Furniture: Select comfortable and durable outdoor furniture that matches your style and can withstand the elements.
– Entertainment: Consider adding an outdoor kitchen, bar, or grill to your pool area to create a relaxing and inviting space.